When and Where: Find Your Opportunity to Help
Making a Difference, One Distribution at a Time
Every dollar doubled! This year Tommy’s Pantry has a $10,000 challenge grant through the end of the year, so every dollar is doubled. Please donate today and double your dollars through our Challenge Grant. Please also consider making it a monthly contribution. Giving on a monthly basis helps us plan more accurately throughout the year.
Sponsored Events: Discover opportunities where you can support Tommy’s Pantry simply by dining out at sponsored restaurants or attending benefit races and performances. By participating in these events, you can make a difference while enjoying great food and entertainment.
If you are interested in hosting a fundraiser or benefit for Tommy’s Pantry, please contact us at email@example.com.
In-Kind Donation Drives: Tommy’s Pantry hosts various in-kind donation drives, which play a crucial role in obtaining hard-to-get items during supply shortages and reducing our expenses. Please consider contributing to one of the drives listed below to support our mission. If you would like to host a donation drive to benefit Tommy’s Pantry, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Period Product Drive – Grace Studio, 8435 Georgia Avenue, 2nd Floor, Silver Spring, is collecting maxi pads (no tampons please) to include in the 325 wellness boxes Tommy’s Pantry distributes monthly to local households facing hardship. Period poverty is real – the households Tommy’s Pantry serves can’t purchase period products with SNAP-EBT (food stamps), so they rely on Tommy’s Pantry for this monthly necessity. Consider bringing a pack or two with you to the studio through Friday, 11/24!
October to mid-November: Holiday Grocery Gift Card Drive: Support our drive by donating gift cards to Safeway, Giant, and other local grocery stores in amounts of $10-$25. Check our News page or email email@example.com to receive our newsletter with more details as they are announced.
- Support Tommy’s Pantry at the Alternative Gift Fair, Saturday, December 2, 2023 from 12pm – 4pm at the Takoma Park Presbyterian Church, 310 Tulip Avenue, Takoma Park. Out of Town? Order your gifts online November 19th – January 1, 2024 at aggw.org.
- The Silver Spring Cello Choir’s annual winter concert will be a benefit for Tommy’s Pantry. The concert is on Sunday, December 10th, from 4-4:30 at the Church of the Ascension, 633 Sligo Ave, Silver Spring, MD. A voluntary contribution of $25 is requested.
Beginning to mid-January: MLK Week of Service Drive: Contribute full-size toothpaste, deodorant, chapstick, and bags of cough drops. Drop-off locations: PBES, ESS, and TPSS Co-Op. Tune in to our News page or email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive our newsletter with more details as they are announced.
April: Pet Supply Drive: Donate new or gently used dog and cat toys, beds, unopened chews and treats, and unopened wet or dry food. We also welcome foster pet supplies. Check our News page or email email@example.com to receive our newsletter with more details as they are announced.
Anytime Donation Drop-Off: Tommy’s Pantry currently accepts in-kind donations in quantities of 300 or more to optimize the efficiency of our storage and packing operations. For donations of smaller quantities, the Little Free Pantries in the area provide immediate relief to our community.
Here are some nearby Little Free Pantry locations:
- Tommy’s Pantry Little Free Pantry @ 630 Silver Spring Ave in Silver Spring
- Park Valley Road between Piney Branch and Sligo Creek Pkwy in Takoma Park
- 708 Auburn Ave in Takoma Park
- 730-600 Thayer Ave in Silver Spring
- Presbyterian Church on Maple at Tulip in Takoma Park
- Geneva near the traffic circle intersection of Geneva/Oswego/Ritchie Ave (stacked milk crates)
The first Little Free Pantry location on Silver Spring Ave and the last location on Geneva Ave in Takoma Park experience rapid turnover and offer a wide variety of donations, including toiletries and perishables. All locations welcome shelf-stable food donations. Your kindness and generosity in helping to feed our neighbors are greatly appreciated.